It seems as though it may be time for the Fantastic Four to bid farewell to the Baxter Building once and for all, because a newly-revealed variant cover for November’s Fantastic Four #4 shows off Marvel’s First Family’s newest base of operations: #4 Yancy Street.
The cover, which comes to us from artist Valerio Schiti (Tony Stark: Iron Man), features the titular superhero team getting acquainted with their new headquarters. We see Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic working away in the laboratory, Benn Grimm/The Thing training his strength and Sue Storm-Richards/Invisible Woman enjoying a book while her brother Johnny Storm/Human Torch haphazardly enjoys a meal.
Given what we already know about Fantastic Four #4, the fact that the heroes need a new headquarters isn’t exactly surprising. After all, in addition to #4 Yancy Street, the issue will also mark the official debut of the Fantastix, another team that has taken over the Fantastic Four’s place in the Baxter Building. While this is sure to breed conflict, it at least seems that Reed and company are making the most of the situation.
The full solicitation text for Fantastic Four #4 and Valerio Schiti’s variant cover can be found below.
FANTASTIC FOUR #4
- DAN SLOTT (W) • STEFANO CASELLI (A)
- Cover by ESAD RIBIC
- VARIANT COVER BY VALERIO SCHITI
- Wait. What?! Who are these imposters? Why are they in the Baxter Building?!
- Meet the Marvel Universe’s New Fabulous Foursome: THE FANTASTIX!
- Wait. What?! Who are these imposters? Why are they in the Baxter Building?! And how is it that they own the lease?!
- A strange new turn in the Fantastic Four’s legacy!
- A secret side mission for the Thing!
- All this and a special appearance by one of the FF’s oldest foes!
- Rated T …$3.99