At the end of time, Marvel’s greatest supervillain has survived to face the mighty Thor.
The upcoming story arc of the relaunched Thor ongoing series will take place in the far future of the Marvel Universe as a grizzled King Thor seeks to defend resurgent life on Earth. When a Phoenix Force-possessed Old Man Logan returns, the older incarnations of the iconic superheroes face an old foe that has survived with them: Doctor Victor Von Doom.
Having endured for millennia, Doom’s mystical abilities and genius has grown exponentially as the villain gathers an army of monsters for an epic fight for the future. The full solicitation information for the sixth issue featuring Doom’s return, along with the striking cover by Esad Ribic, has been released by Marvel below:
- JASON AARON (W)
- CHRISTIAN WARD (A)
- COVER BY Esad Ribic
- MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY MAXX LIM
- MKXX VARIANT COVER BY TBA
- MKXX VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
- ALL-FATHER THOR FACES HIS DOOM!
- If you thought Old Man Phoenix was crazy, then wait’ll you see what we’ve done to Marvel’s greatest villain. It’s the end of the universe — and the return of Doctor Doom. A Doom more powerful than anything that has ever lived. Get ready for the greatest battle the far future has ever seen, as Old King Thor and the Phoenix Wolverine stand together at the end of time against an army of monsters and the final Doom.
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
The older, future version of Thor had first been introduced by Aaron and Ribic in the inaugural issue of their previous Thor ongoing series, 2012’s Thor: God of Thunder. Aged and broken down over the millennia, the Odinson presided over a decrepit Asgard and desolate Earth. Eventually, the God of Thunder’s hope was restored as life reignited throughout the universe.
With an all-powerful Doom returning, even the kingly Thor and Phoenix-empowered Wolverine may not be enough to stop the future apocalypse.
Thor #6 is written by Jason Aaron with art by Christian Ward. It is scheduled for release this October by Marvel Entertainment.